Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Revised Storyboard Thumbnails

I am currently working on including some changes based on feedback from the first cut animatic. I am still working with how ambiguous of a metaphor I want the dying fish to be, but one thing that I definitely felt was needed in the film, others agreed, was to show the staircase leading to the end aquarium earlier in the film in its "normal" state. I wanted this so that when the protagonist chases the fish to the base of the stairs the change in environment will have some context.

 Open with staircase.

 Zoom/tilt to show city street at top of stairs with raised train track in background.
- cut -

 Low angle shot of pedestrians passing with traffic humming on the street behind.

 Tilt upwards and begin camera twist to Dutch angle.

 Continue tilt and twist.

End in upshot of train passing through frame.
- cut to protagonist sitting on train -


Lastly I wanted the approach to the viewing wall to be flatter and for the protagonist to be even more dwarfed. This is the new layout I will update in the animatic.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment